Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Welcome: Kim Wadycki

Hello Dragon Fans! My name is Kim and I'm officially Dragon's new Marketing and Development Associate. I'll be spearheading the Dragon marketing and advertising campaigns, as well as assisting with the annual fundraiser event and corporate and individual donors. In short, I'm gonna be a busy little bee and am LOVING it.

Here's a few little bits about me.

Q: Where are you from? Here? A transplant?

A: I grew up in St. Louis, MO. Went to college at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign where I got a bachelor's in political science. Moved back to St. Louis after working at the HR/Operations manager of the university's public computer labs for a bit. Got married to an amazing guy that I met in college. We moved to California about 4 years ago when my husband got his geek dream job.

Q: What's your theatrical background? Actor? Director? Techie? Fan?

A: Techie. I'm generally a stage manager (I did Private Eyes earlier this season in fact) but I've done props design and am pretty fluent with sound and light boards.

Q: What's your favorite part of doing a live show?

A: I absolutely love listening to the audience response. That instant feedback is really interesting and gratifying. It's always nice to know that the work your doing is being appreciated.

Q: Why Dragon?

A: I approached Dragon to be a volunteer/intern in the fall of 2010 because I liked their season programming. I've done a lot of Shakespeare over the past decade, and while I do love it, I wanted to do something a little more indy and a little more contemporary. I interviewed with Meredith Hagedorn (the founder/executive director) and Lessa Bouchard to see if Dragon and I would be a good fit for each other and I had a blast at the interview. I came home and told my husband that I wanted to work with these women. And I've been really impressed with the professionalism and artistic excellence since getting involved.

Q: Anything else the Dragon readers should know about you?

A: I love the 80s. I'm currently a contributing writer to Culture Brats which is so much fun. If it's weird and/or cheesy I probably like it. I also want a dog, really really REALLY badly. I hope to start graduate studies this fall working toward a Master's in Non-profit Management.

So that's me!

1 comment: