Thursday, January 5, 2012

Back in the Saddle

Well 2012 is still all shiny and new, but for the cast of Marvin's Room, our first show of 2012, this week has been a chance to see how close we are to having a really fine show. The good news is that everyone came back energized, refreshed, solid on lines, and running a fabulously sharp, funny, poignant play that we're excited to show off on January 20th.

I snapped a quick (lousy) photo from last night's rehearsal.


One of my favorite lines from the show happens right here "My feelings for you, Hank, are like a big bowl of fish hooks. I can't just pick them up one at a time. I pick up one, they all come. So I tend to just leave them alone."

That's Ronald Feichtmeier as Hank, and Meredith Hagedorn as his mother Lee, by the way.

This cast is doing some incredible work. On Friday we do our first full run of the show in front of the design team so they can see the shape of the show and get some final ideas for the technical aspects of the show. I can't wait to see this come together as a whole!

Tickets for Marvin's Room by Scott McPherson are now on sale. You can buy them online or, better yet, get set up for a season's worth of shows - you save money and make sure you get seats at our tiny little house. We have three pack and full season (5 show) subscriptions available.

See you at the theatre!

No comments:

Post a Comment