Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Shoggoths on the Veldt - A Word From the Director

It is not often that one gets to work on their dream project - but that is what the Dragon is all about. Creating opportunities for dreams to come true. But why is this silly little play a dream come true for me?

Well, I thought, when I saw the original production in Seattle, that this was my new dream project because of the script. This beautiful story Cameron McNary weaves for us is not only a hilarious comedy and captivating adventure tale, but also a beautiful romance about embracing who we really are instead behaving in ways required to fit into society. 

But really, the dream has been the incredible team of multi-talented theatre artists who have thrown themselves so wholeheartedly into the process of bringing this silly little play to life with a level of dedication I thought I could not hope for in my wildest dreams. From old friends like Sam, who was with me on the fateful night when I was first introduced to this play, to newer ones like Melinda who will be bringing a dream project of her own (Anne of a Thousand Days) to the Dragon later this year, every single person on this production has gone so far above and beyond the call of duty to bring you this show. They have all taken on responsibilities beyond their titles and put in dozens of hours beyond the usual commitments expected of them. 

All to bring you a wild and wacky, globetrotting adventure, spanning boats and trains and cultist temples. And oh, did we mention the 15 ton amoeboid tentacle monster, Betsy? We hope you enjoy the ride!

 Ooodle oo!
-Max “Bora” Koknar

No comments:

Post a Comment